Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gilmore Girls Don't like Soft Boxes

I feel like I am rare breed…you ever watched the Gilmore Girls? Well I am about to start the series again for the third time, yes you heard me right the third time. Usually when I mention to a girl, “I love that show,” it curries favor to me. Well, Leslie’s horse is named after Rory, but apparently whatever comfort and kinship women find in me as a result of my being a Gilmore Guy is rendered obsolete by the equine fear of soft boxes (a lighting rig used for portrait photography: a big white box (4’x 3.5’)). I haven’t seen Rory that unhappy since Lorelei forced her to go to Chilton, a move that could have unhinged her relationship with Dean before it got off the ground – I always hated Dean…god, the wisdom of Lorelei astounds me sometimes, ha! Ultimately, after some playful banter, and a few Laurel and Hardy references I became the Marty to her Rory.